Saturday, December 14, 2013

Tossed by Emotions

James 1:6
But let him ask in faith, not doubting anything. For he that doubts is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

I have to admit, my relationship with Christ does not feel secure. I can't "rest" in Him, neither can I accept His lovingkindness without doubting in myself whether I deserve it or not. My life IS a roller coaster, and surely not one that is for riders under 48 inches (haha). I could go on and on about the awful journey my emotions take me on, but I will switch to the good portion instead... 

God says, "For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed." (Malachi 3:6)

See how drastically different this is from my feelings? Though I drive myself as far as the wilderness (Psalm 55:7), and I am on the verge of my ever-changing emotions, our Lord does not change. I don't just hope He doesn't change, I know it with assurance! The God that loved me at my happiest will love me at my grumpiest, and the God that supports me with His right hand will not suddenly drop me because I have sinned. 

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress?
Romans 8:35

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear... 
1 John 4:18

We love him, because He first loved us... 
1 John 4:19

They shall perish; but Thou remainest... 
Hebrews 1:11

I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee...
 Hebrews 13:5 

I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee... 
 Jeremiah 31:3 

Simply getting through the day is difficult right now, as it used to be. I have moments of sheer joyfulness, but then suddenly I let circumstances bring me to utter despair. It is hard to continually think, speak, and act according to my emotions, especially when they convict me to sin against my Father... How can I stand fast and not be "driven with the wind and tossed"? Many times when harsh words or a quick temper brings me to my lowest, I imagine myself wrapped in tender arms, who quietly pity me for what has just happened... But then I realize that this will never happen, because I cannot suffer for righteousness' sake with a bad attitude! Only the gentle, loving arms of Jesus can bow me down to my knees, and help me to confess how badly I have messed up... Only through Him can I be comforted--truly comforted, and reassured of my position as His daughter and His as my Holy Redeemer. How beautiful it is, that the King would care for me in such manner to never desire to leave me, not even when I feel furthest from Him! To love me when I am (really) unlovable, and approach me when I am unapproachable... 

Psalm 55:22 
Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee: He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. 

Come to His throne... Let Him hear the painful song of your heart... Recite to Him the weariness you have secretly held inside during the day, and let Him take your right hand and leap you into His strong, everlasting arms! Love is higher than all, and when you place Jesus where He rightfully belongs, your whole heart (on top of yourself), and accept His love though you cannot understand it, this is when hyperactive emotions diminishes and we can truly abide in Him... :)

May we continue to press Jesusward (yes, I just made this up), listen solemnly to the Truth, and let our Lord lovingly correct our every faults and wrong feelings. Amen!

Isaiah 41:13
For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

I love you!
-Noémie

No comments:

Post a Comment

➺Comments are a blogger's dearest treats! Be a darling and leave me one so I know that you stopped by! :)

Romans 5:8 "But think about this: while we were wasting our lives in sin, God revealed His powerful love to us in a tangible display—the Anointed One died for us!"